Robert Daniel Arnold, Sr., 90 of Culpeper, VA passed away on May 20, 2018 at the Culpeper Medical Center Hospital.
He was born on October 21, 1927 in Arlington, VA a son of the late Raymond B. Arnold and Helen Stevens Arnold. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his son, Robert Daniel Arnold, Jr. and brother, James Raymond Arnold.
Dan retired in 1982 after 38 years of service in the transportation division of projects and planning with Arlington County. He was associated with the American Roadbuilders Association and former President of the Arlington County Retirement Board.
He and his wife have lived in Arlington, Warrenton, Kilmarnock, and Culpeper. He was a charter member of the Vienna Baptist Church, and had been a member of Clarendon, Warrenton, Kilmarnock and Culpeper Baptist Churches, where he had served as a Sunday School teacher and director, choir member, Deacon, and Outreach Leader of Faith Evangelism. He was a former lay member of the Virginia Baptist General Board.
Active in the communities where he lived, he was a member of the Culpeper Host Lions Club, member of the Demolay, charter member of the Fauquier Optimist Club, and Habitat for Humanity in Kilmarnock and Culpeper.
He is survived by his wife, Marjorie Rollins Arnold; his son, Very Rev. David F. Arnold (Cathy) of Powhatan, VA; a nephew, James L. Arnold, Carlsbad, CA; grandchildren, Dana, Danielle, Rachel, Sarah, Emily and Anna; great grandchildren, Haleigh, Kendra, Daniel, Jax, Eliza, and Paul.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, June 9 at 3:00 PM at Warrenton Baptist Church, 123 Main Street, Warrenton, VA with a reception to follow at the church.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Benevolent Ministry at The Culpeper, 12425 Village Loop, Culpeper, VA 22701 or to the Virginia Baptist Children’s Home, 860 Mt. Vernon Lane, Salem, VA 24153.
Online condolences may be made at www.moserfuneralhome.com.
Our fine facility has ample parking, offers two chapels, family rooms, parlors, and an on-site crematory. Operated since 1836 - we are the oldest continuously operated business in Fauquier County, VA and centrally located in the county and close to most nursing homes and the hospital.